Visa Information, Visa Requirements, Visa Application Guidelines, Immigration Rules and Inquiry

Taking cash in and out of the United Kingdom

You must declare cash of €10,000 or more (or the equivalent in another currency) if you take it between the UK and any non-European Union (EU) country.

Cash includes:
  • notes and coins
  • bankers’ drafts
  • cheques of any kind (including travellers’ cheques)
If you’re travelling as a family you need to declare cash over €10,000.

To Declare cash

  1. Download and fill in form C9011 or get a copy at the port or airport.
  2. Make a copy - if you fill in the form at the port or airport, it automatically makes a carbon copy.
  3. Leave a copy in the drop-box at the port or airport and keep the other to show custom officers.


You could face a penalty of up to £5,000 if you don’t declare your cash or give incorrect information.
Your declared cash can be seized by customs officers if they have reasonable grounds to suspect a crime. They can keep the cash for 48 hours - after that they need a court order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...