Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa is for less than 6 months.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
You must continue to meet the eligibility criteria of your original visa.
How long you can stay
You can only stay 6 months with a Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa. You can apply for an extension so that the total is 6 months if your original visa was for less than 6 months.
How to extend your visa
- download the form and apply by post - the address is on the form
- download the form and use the premium service at a premium service centre
How long it takes
A decision will be made:
- within 8 weeks for postal applications
- usually same day if you use the premium service
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, eg:
- if your supporting documents need to be verified
- if you need to attend an interview
- because of your personal circumstances (for example if you have a criminal conviction)
Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.
- £649 if you apply to extend your visa by post
- £1,049 if you apply in person
Read: Working in UK - Domestic Workers