While some applicants may be exempt from visa for their tourism or business visit to Turkey, the others can obtain an e-Visa. All other applicants will need to obtain a visa through Turkish Representations/Embassy in their country.
1 - TOURIST/BUSINESSPERSON
a) Tourist Visit
b) Single Transit
c) Double Transit
d) Business Meeting/Commerce
g) Sportive Activity
h) Cultural Artistic Activity
i) Official Visit
j) Visit to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
2 - OFFICIAL VISA
a) Assigned for duty
3 - STUDENT / EDUCATION VISA
a) Internship Visa
b) Internship ERASMUS
c) Internship AISEC
d) Turkish Language Course Purpose
e) Course Purpose
f) Education Purpose
g) Education in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
4 - WORKING VISA
a) Employment Purpose/Special Employment Purpose
b) Assigned Lecturers/Academics
c) Assigned Sportsperson
d) Assigned Artists
e) Assigned Free Zone Workers
f) Assigned Journalists
g) Montage and Repairman Purposes
5 - OTHER VISAS
a) Archaeological Excavation, Exploration Purpose
b) Documentary Purpose
c) Tour Operator Representative
d) Medical Treatment Purposes
e) Accompaniment Purpose
f) Family Unification Purpose
g) Freight Vısa
h) Seafarer Visa
- Valid travel document which must be valid for at least three months longer than the expiry date of the requested visa
- Completely filled visa application form,
- One passport size photograph of the applicant
- Visa processing fee
- 'Vaccination Card' for yellow fever and typhoid diseases
- Travel health insurance which covers the entire period of intended stay or transit
- Flight reservation / booking with confirmed dates
- Proof of accommodation:
- Confirmed hotel reservation for the whole period of your stay in Turkey. Address and the reservation dates should be stated.
- If you are staying with family or friend(s), it should be stated on official invitation letter sent by your host in Turkey.
- Financial Guarantee:
- Your last 6 months bank statement with reference letter showing transactions and your full name
- A letter from your employer mentioning your annual salary, your position, date of leave.
- If your financial means are not sufficient or if you are a student, you may also provide commitment letter from your sponsor stating he/she will be responsible for your expenses, proof of his/her financial means (as mentioned above) and copy of their passports. Students should provide their "Student IDs".
- If you are a business person, you should also present: (1 Original +1 Copy) - Income Tax Clearance Certificate
- Individuals applying from a country other than their home country has to submit a valid residence permit or any document that shows they are legally stayng in that country.
- Individuals applying for a business visa requires an invitation letter from the counterpart
FOR BUSINESS TRIPS
- An "ORIGINAL" business Invitation letter ( Optionally Notary or Chamber of Commerce Certified) from a company in Turkey stating;
- the purpose of your visit
- the name, address and contact number of the company to be visited
- that the company takes full responsibility for your expenses in Turkey
FOR APPLICANTS UNDER 18
- A parental authorization letter from the "Court" or "Notary" if not traveling with both parents.
- Birth Certificate (1 Original +1 Copy)
FOR NON WORKING SPOUSES
- One Copy of wedding certificate
Beginning from 5 January 2016, all kinds of applications for Turkish visas will have to be made through the Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa (www.visa.gov.tr).
The applicants who meet the requirements will be directed by the Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa to the e-Visa system (www.evisa.gov.tr). In countries where Turkey does not have a consular representation can also use online scheduling for appointments with the nearest accredited consular office of Turkey.
In order to avoid inconveniences that may be caused by delays in processing, it is recommended to apply for visas at least one month in advance before the planned travel.
Visas do not guarantee absolute rights of entry to Turkey. Visa fees are not refundable in cases where applications are rejected
All applicants are required to have a medical insurance that will be valid during their stay in Turkey.
The length of stay provided by visa or visa exemption cannot exceed 90 days within each 180 days. The regulation of 90 days of stay within the last 180 days is binding for all foreigners that will travel to Turkey.