You can do a second job (up to 20 hours a week) if it’s on the shortage list without making a new application.
You’ll need to be sponsored by your second employer and get a new certificate of sponsorship if you make a new application.
- apply until you’ve started work with your first sponsor
- start work with your second sponsor until your application has been approved
How to apply
You can apply online (HERE).
You can get a same-day decision at a premium service centre. You must book an appointment in advance and fill in the paper form.
You must be in the UK to apply.
Documents you must provide
When you apply you’ll need to provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- a passport-sized colour photograph
- bank statements showing you’ve had at least £945 in savings continuously over the last 90 days, or your sponsor’s certification that they can support and accommodate you for the first month you’re employed
- proof that you meet the English requirement
- your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.
You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
You must also include a letter with your application explaining that you want to change your current permission to stay.
Your letter must state:
- your name
- your date of birth
- your current certificate of sponsorship reference number
- the date when your current permission to stay runs out
Read: Working in UK - Tier 2 General [Skilled] Visa