Before you can apply for a Dubai visa, your passport must be valid for at least 3 months from the date of entry if you are staying up to 3 months. If your stay will exceed 3 months, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
Types of Visa
There are different types of visa for entry to Dubai and other UAE cities.
96-hour visa, valid for 4 days and not extendable. This type of visa is usually for transit passengers stopping at Dubai International Airport DXB for a minimum of 8 hours. Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months before a 96-hour visa can be obtained. A 96-hour visa can either be obtained via your travel agent or airline. Emirates Airlines offer passengers Stopover Arrival package.
Tourist visa is usually valid for a maximum of 30 days and you can extend for an additional of 30 days for a certain sum.
Visit visa is usually valid for a maximum of 90 days and it is not extendible. The visit visa is granted to travelers traveling to Dubai to visit their family or coming on a long-term business visit.
- Nigeria Immigration Passport
- Photocopies of your ID Card and passport (Including valid and expired visas)
- Visa application form ( which must be filled out in detail ( block letters) and signed by the applicant)
- A copy of a confirmed Itinerary ( Round trip tickets) Visitors without a Return ticket might be refused entry at the airport.
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of Financial status – a copy of your recent bank statement.
- For Tourists: A letter from your employer, stating that you have been granted a leave and that you will be return to your job when you get back. If you are self employed, include a copy of your business registration and tax documents.
- For visitors visiting a relative or friend, you must provide a letter of invitation from your host, the letter should include the contact information of your host, address, signature and date; a copy of their UAE passport information page or residence permit or National passport information page.
- A copy of hotel reservation.
How to Apply
You can apply for a Dubai visa through a tour company, travel agent or a UAE resident.
Dubai visa fees varies. The cost of the visa depends on the period of stay in Dubai.
- 2 Weeks - USD 180.00 per person
- 1 Month - USD 300.00 per person
- 2 Week Visa - 24 Years and above
- 1 Month Visa - 35 Years and above
Dubai visa processing time is between 2 to 8 days depending on the type of visa you want to obtain and also subject to Dubai immigration approval.
If you are applying for a 2 weeks tourist visa, the visa processing time is between 2 to 5 days.